Our mission has remained steady: we want to remove any obstacles that get in the way of a behavioral health or I/DD provider impacting the life of another person. Our goal is to create one extra day a week for every role in your organization. Amidst the sudden changes and drastic impacts your agency has recently experienced due to COVID-19, our goal remains the same. One way we believe we can give you one day back during this unprecedented time is to create a central hub with the most essential and consistent resources available for the success of your agency – regarding both the services you provide and the staff that make it all possible.
Essential Resources to Provide Services
Telehealth & Reaching Isolated Populations
As you transition to providing most or all of your services through telehealth, here are the most important resources to monitor. Please keep in mind your agency can use any non-public facing remote communication product, even if you haven’t entered into a HIPAA business associate agreement (BAA) with video communication vendors. For more details of the announcement from the US Department of Health & Human Services regarding HIPAA and Telehealth during COVID-19, click here.
- American Telemed has many resources, pertinent webinars, community groups, and recent news in one place at your fingertips. This resource is great for an agency that has never conducted telehealth services or has been doing it for years!
- This Provider Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kit put out by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) outlines detail on the expansion of telehealth with the 1135 Waiver and Medicare’s coverage (along with billing codes). This also includes essential state statute guidance and telehealth implementation resources.
- Medicaid.gov has put out a Coronavirus Disease Response Tool Kit with tools & checklists for states, state waiver approvals, billing & coding guidance, Medicare and other coverage guidance, and much more. This is a great one-stop shop for resources no matter where you are at in the process of transitioning to providing telehealth services through your agency.
- Doxy.Me is a free, simple, and secure telemedicine tool for providers. Doxy.me has a goal to remove any barriers that may be preventing your agency from conducting telemedicine visits. Please note, doxy.me is a HIPAA-compliant video communication product and is willing to enter into a HIPAA BAA for the longevity of your telehealth services.
- For those of you navigating video conferencing and calls as a means of communication for the first time, take a look at these Meeting & Webinar Best Practices and Resources from Zoom (these can be applied to any video conferencing application you are using).
- For timely industry-specific news, ongoing webinars, mental health first aid tools, and even DIY mask tutorials, head to the National Council’s COVID-19 Resources and Tools page.
- Check out the many resources, blogs, podcasts and mental health matters practices from our partner and friend, Kevin Hines, as he shares fluidly and actively during this time.
Essential Resources to Support Staff
The Remarkable Way
Here at Remarkable Health, we have gone through a similar transition to a fully remote company within the past month. In that transition, we have learned important lessons and created innovative ways to engage our team. We want to share four initiatives that have had the most impact in order for you to integrate within your agency!
- Weekly Vlog: Our CEO, Peter Flick, hosts a weekly vlog (video blog) in which he communicates important updates to our team regarding COVID-19, our company, and the industry. He also takes this time to encourage us to remain positive and seek support as needed to remain healthy. It has been important for each employee to candidly hear from the CEO of the company on a regular basis during this time.
- Charity Miles Competition: We encourage you to check out the Charity Miles app available on Android and iOS. This app donates money to a charity of your choice for every mile you track walking, running and biking. On the app, you can create teams. This has allowed our company to participate in a competition to see who can accumulate the most miles over the next two months – promoting healthy interaction and fun competition with teammates, while engaging in activity proven to increase our mental health!
- Weekly Challenges: We have two challenges taking place this month in order to inject positivity and healthy habits into our team. The first is a weekly challenge to Create WOW Moments in the lives of others. Click here [upload image] to check out ideas we have come up with to Create Wow Moments. The second is a weekly challenge to engage in a new and different physical activity challenge (provided by our Health & Wellness Committee). Prizes are included for participation in both challenges!
- Virtual Coffee Shop Drop In & Happy Hour: Each week we have two optional companywide events to interact with one another personally. This is an opportunity to replace those hallway or breakroom interactions and ensure social interaction has found its place through a new virtual platform.
Other Resources to Keep Your Staff Healthy
- Forbes has put together a comprehensive survival guide to caring for staff, ranging from how to communicate about the virus and state of your company, to building team morale and addressing employment and financial needs of your team.
- NAMI has created a wonderful resource primarily providing resources for you and your family’s self-care and wellness. Check it out and send to your team as a reminder to take care of themselves as providers!
- “You’re here for them, we’re here for you!” Headspace is a tool that provides guided meditations, animations, articles, and videos to improve your health and happiness. Due to COVID-19, Headspace is offering free access for healthcare professionals for the remainder of 2020.
- Hilton & Marriott Hotels are offering special rates and deep discounts for healthcare professionals in need of a comfortable place to rest and stay. For Hilton’s offer, click here. For Marriott’s offer, email CVHelp@marriott.com.
Employee Legislative Resources
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Q&A
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Family & Medical Leave Act Q&A
Please reach out to anyone on our team at Remarkable Health if there are creative ways we can support you and your agency during this time. We are continuously looking for ways to remove the obstacles you face as providers – even the obstacles we can’t plan for or expect.
Want to take it with you? Grab our takeaway guide to share with your team!